Friday 18 March 2016

Upcoming blogs - 18Mar16 (359 words)

As mentioned, this blog will aim to cover local (North Coast - Northern Ireland) events & old yarns or stories from the area. I will aim to keep them short at, the word count is displayed in the title.
I hope to give people that may never get a chance to visit an insight to our community here on the North Coast, and to promote the area to those that either visit or live here hopefully showing some of the wonders of this area.


I aim to Periscope live events which can be viewed at https://katch.me/BC_Tweeting. I will also use Twitter as my main medium to announce events, blog posts, and general photos and information of the area. I tend to Tweet and Periscope many of the great sunsets we have in this beautiful area. You can follow me on Twitter at @BC_Tweeting


So here is a a few blog articles I hope to post in the coming weeks and months.


  • The bloody and ghostly tail of Cushy Glen. The highwayman that prowled on travelers using the Murder Hole Road between Limavady and Coleraine over 200 years ago. (Posted)


  • Walks in the North Coast area. I personally will complete each walk and post photos and information of the walk.


  • The Giant’s Causeway. A geological masterpiece, I hope to give both the facts and the legends of giants fighting in the area.


  • Downhill Castle and the story of Harvey Bruce, the Earl of Bristol and Bishop of Derry over 200 years ago.


  • Dunluce Castle, the Spanish Armada shipwrecks and the kitchens falling into the sea.


  • Bushmills distillery, possibly do the tour and even taste some for you :)


  • Coleraine River Fest, possibly in June.


  • Mountsandel, the location of the first settlers in Ireland and other historic periods, which is today a pleasant 2 mile wooded walk.


  • The North West 200 motorcycle races and various sideshows of the event. This is in May.


  • Portrush Raft Race, again in May.


  • Portrush Airshow, this should be in September.


And many more :)
If you want any particular event or legend / story to be covered, please leave a comment or Direct Message me on Twitter (@BC_Tweeting)

Don't just exist - LIVE! 

Get out there and chase it :) - briancunningham.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment